Used to maintain the Customer records. The term Customer refers to a client's customers where stock will be delivered to.
Creating New Customers
The quickest way to create a new customer is to copy an existing one.
- Press the F7 key to begin a new search/query.
- Enter the client name whose customer this is.
- Press the F8 key to execute the query.
- Press the PageUp/PageDown keys to view the results.
- When you find an existing customer that closely matches the new one.
- Press the [Clone] button to duplicate the existing record.
- Replace the text string '<NEW>' in the Customer field with the new customer number.
- Change any of the other fields as required, including a valid (non PO Box) address.
- Press the [Commit] button to save the changes.
To activate a customer record make sure that:
- All fields have been updated according to the requirements for the customer type and client. The rules for each client and customer are listed below.
- The address details have been filled in and the address is not a PO BOX address.
Once all the fields have been entered in correctly set the Active field to 'Y' and press the [Commit] button to save the changes.
McCain Customer Rules
When activating McCain customers the following fields need to be updated:
- Shelf Life
- For Food Services (FS) customers: 30 Days.
- For Grocery customers: 180 Days.
- For Export customers: 280 Days.
- The state of the customer.
- Customer Type
- Set to the same value as the State field.
Nestle Customer Rules
Fonterra Customer Types
When activating new Fonterra customers need to add the customer type.
Customer types are split up into 3 distribution channels (Retail (RE), Food Service (FS) and other Fonterra sites (DC) and by state. Please note we add the types ourselves when we activate a new customer.
Code Customer Type NDC NSW Fonterra DC NFS NSW food service NRE NSW Retail QDC QLD Fonterra DC QFS QLD food service QRE QLD Retail SDC SA Fonterra DC SFS SA food service SRE SA Retail TDC TAS Fonterra DC TFS TAS food service TRE TAS Retail VDC VIC Fonterra DC VFS VIC food service VRE VIC Retail WDC WA Fonterra DC WFS WA food service WRE WA Retail
For the major retails (RE) we need to update the following fields:
Built Pallet Type: L Allow mix batch/lot: N Reject Older Stock: Y Special Note: **One product per pallet**
DC & Food Service (FS)
Generally for the DC & Food Service Customers (FS) the default fields are correct so you just need to add the customer type and change the active flag to 'Y'.
For the Woolworths (DC) customers in SA, WA and Woolworths Wyong (NSW) the following additional flags must be enabled.
Pallet Label Required SSCC Built Pallet Type S
For GHPL Customers, One Product per Pallet note should be entered and the following flags must be enabled.
Pallet Label Required SSCC Built Pallet Type S
- Customer Type
- Controls the customer settings for the shelf life, pallet percentages, pallet height and minimum acceptable pack level.
- Delivery lead Time
- Used to calculate the arrival and or the despatch dates when creating new picking orders.
- Bulk Pick Offset
- Used in the planning process to pick pallets from the pickface if the stock in the pickface is older then the stock in bulk by this number of days. Value of -1 means the flag not set.
- Pickface Offset
- Used in the planning process to override the date rotation when the stock in the pickface is the number of days newer. Value of -1 means the flag not set.
- Set the shelf life for the customer useby products.
- Pallet Pick Fixed
- Skip picking from a pickface if the quantity required is greater then this percentage of a pallet for the fixed weight product. Value of -1 means the flag is not set.
- Pallet Pick Variable
- Skip picking from a pickface if the quantity required as greater then this percentage of a pallet for the variable weight product. Value of -1 means the flag is not set.
- Form2 Order by
- Used in the printing of the Delivery paperwork for ordering of the planned records.
- Use EDI Batch
- For the interfaced delivery orders. If set to no then blank out the batch number before inserting a order line.
- Pick Fixed/Variable Weight
- Used in the pick scheduling processs to allow for mixing the fixed and variable weight picking onto the same pallet.
- Ti-Hi Profile
- Ti-Hi Profile Name (default is Customer Number.
- Shelf Life Method
- Minimum Shelf Life
- Shelf Life Value
- Either Days or Percentage for calculating shelf life.
- Reject Older Stock
- Used in pick planning process, if set then will not pick the product with an older rotation date then the last date of the product sent to the customer.
- Pallet Label Required
- Identify Pallet Label type (i.e.: SSCC).
- Number of Pallet Labels
- Allow Mix Prods
- Allow mixed products on same pallet.
- Mix Prod Exempt
- Allow Mixed Product Exemption (ie can mix product less than layer).
- Allow Mixed Batch
- Shown on the Delivery paperwork.
- Plt Minimization
- Pallet Minimization - Must Join -- None, Part Plts Only or All Plts (hash and Parts).
- Security Wrap
- Pallets Require Security Wrapping?
- Pref Plt Type
- Preferred Pallet Type: Trolly, Coolpac, Chep - Wood, Loscam - Wood, Plastic CHEP, Plastic Loscam or None (Use Client Setting).
- Minimum Pack Level
- Minimum pack level this customer will accept, shown on the Delivery paperwork.
- Maximum Pallet Height
- Maximum pallet height this customer will accept, shown on the Delivery paperwork.
- Valid Lot Status
- Used in pick planning, will this customer only accept the product with a batch status of 'A' or will this customer accept the product with a batch status of 'A' or 'C'.
- Print Packing List
- Used when completing a delivery order, if set then print a packing slip report.
- Create Return Order
- Should the system create a return order for the route customers.
- Chep EDO
- Loscam EDO
- Is Distributor
- Identifies if this customer is a distributor and if so has route orders that may need to be grouped or merged.
- Used to set the routes for the distributor customer.
- Label Boxes
- Used in radio picking to decide if a label is required to be printed for each box picked.
- Label Type
- Used in radio picking to decide what label type should be printed for the pallets.
- Calculate shelf Life
- Used in the pick planning to decide if it should calculate the shelf life by distributors or customers.
- Reserve Stock
- Used in order creation and pick planning process to identify if the stock should be reserved for this customer.
- Run Reservation
- Used in reserve planning process to give the number of hours after the receipt of a order or the number of hours before the despatch of order when the reservation of stock should take place.
- Send POA via EDI
- If set then send the reserve confirmation via the interface stream.
- Email POA
- If set then send the reserve confirmation via email to the email address.
- Email Delivery Docket
- Email address if the customer requires a emailed copy of the delivery docket.
- Email CSV Docket
- Email a Delivery Docket in CSV format to.
- Email Packing Slip
- Email address if the customer requires a emailed copy of the packing slip.
- Email Pallet Docket
- Email a copy of Pallet Docket to.
- Send ASN via EDI
- Send the Delivery confirmation via the interface stream.