Launch the WMS application by double clicking on the the icon setup on your desktop and the WMS Login Form will appear on the screen.
To Log in:
- Enter your user id.
- Enter your password.
- Enter the site.
Press the [Log In] button. Note that the password is case sensitive so it must be entered exactly as it was given to you.
If you do not have a user id and password please contact Oxford's IT Department.
You can have multiple sessions open but you will have to log in to each one separately.
Press the [Help] button to display the help screen for the current form.
To exit without logging on, press the [Cancel] button and the window will close.
WMS Main Menu
The WMS main menu is split into three sections.
- The Search pane is at the top left.
- The Favorites/History pane is at the bottom left.
- The Menu/Search pane is on the right.
The Menu on the right side of the screen is used to display a list of menus/forms that you are allowed to access depending on your current security access level. It is also used to display the results of any searches that you do (See below for details).
The items in the list may be individual forms or menus that will display more forms. Double click on an entry in the list to access the form or the menu.
If you know the form you want to use, you can jump to that form by entering the form name or the original menu number in the Item field and press the [Go] button. You will be taken to that form/menu.
If you want to find a form/s then enter part or all of the name in the Name field and press the [Search] button. The results will be displayed in the right panel. Double click the Name or press the Enter key to be taken to the highlighted form.
The Favorites Tab allows you to quickly access frequently used forms without the need to navigate through the menu structure.
To add an item to the Favorites tab.
- Locate the form in the menu.
- Left click the mouse to highlight the the item.
- Right click the mouse to show the Favorites popup.
- Left click the mouse on the [Add Favorites] button to add the item to your Favorites list.
The History Tab is automatically populated. An entry is added to the list each time you visit a new form. The most recent forms are shown on the top of the list. You can add any of the forms shown in this list to your Favorites by performing steps 2-4 above.
This option is available for a user to change the background colour of their screen. You can access this option by pressing the [Pref] button.
Once you are in the Preferences screen press the [Colour] button. You can then click any of the coloured boxes to see the screen using that colour. Once you're satisfied with your selection then press the [SET COLOUR] button followed by the [Commit] button to save your colour choice.
NOTE:You can only have one background colour for all your opened sessions.
To log out of the WMS system press the [Log Out] button at the bottom right corner of the Main Menu. This will ensure that the system cleans up after closing and so runs more efficiently.
NOTE: Please refrain from using the X box on the top right corner to close your WMS session. Doing so will produce two screens (shown to the right) warning against it. If for some reason you cannot logout properly, you can press the [OK] button to continue. Press the [Cancel] button to return to WMS.
Tips & Tricks
- It's recommended that you take a look at the list of WMS keyboard shortcuts to help you use the system more efficiently. While you can move about the screen using the mouse it is not as efficient as using the keyboard.
- LOVs, also known as List of Values are the lists that can be accessed using the F9 key. If the list is very long you may shorten it by typing the first few letters of the entry you are looking for and then pressing the [Enter] key. Only the items beginning with those letters will be shown.
- Some WMS query forms allow the use of wild cards. This means that you can query for records even when you don't know all the details or when you want the results for multiple products at once. You can also change the order results as shown in some query screens. For more information see advanced queries.
- You can take a picture (screen shot) of the current WMS screen and include it in your email or document. While you are in the WMS system press the [Alt+Printscreen] button. Next open a new email and from the Edit menu select paste. This way you don't have to type a lot of the details on the screen and the I.T Department can see any error messages exactly as shown.
- Alternatively, you can print what you see on the current WMS screen. Press the Control+P keys, select your printer and then press the Print button. Please note this will not print the full query results. It will only print the WMS screen exactly as shown thus any further pages of the results will not be printed. Use the reporting forms for that purpose.
- Frequently when something does not work a message will pop-up on the screen. Other times information is displayed on the Information Line in the dark-gray area at the bottom of the screen. Keep an eye on this area for messages regarding what to enter in fields or why something is not working as expected. Similarly, a message is displayed when the LOVs are available.